Heirloom & Bespoke Jewelry Process
There are two ways to begin our bespoke process:
- Add your desired gemstones to your cart along with your selection from our Heirloom Settings. The price listed on Heirloom Settings reflects the setting only without a center stone - you select your perfect center stone. Gemstones can be found in our collection of Loose Gemstones, or our partnership collection with Misfit Diamonds.
- If you don't see a gem that sings to you, please send along an inquiry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to find the perfect stone to fit your vision, budget, and preferences. Working together via email allows us to keep all our notes in order and look back on them when necessary.
Please note that depending on complexity of modifications, additional pricing may occur.
At this time, we do not accept client sourced gemstones or recycled metal to work with, nor will The North Way Studio send out blank, or empty, settings for other jewelers to work on.
A few things to note:
- We recommend starting the Bespoke process early. The process of creating a ring with custom elements takes longer than choosing a ready-to-ship piece. You'll engage in conversation with us directly, and we'll be assisting you the entire way.
- The best stones for engagement rings are diamonds and sapphires due to their durability and color variety. We can make additional recommendations based upon your preferences. We do not work with opals or pearls for engagement rings due to how soft they are.
- Before any item is shipped or begun, all payments must be received in full. The timeline of 14 weeks does not start until the full price of the piece is processed.
- Custom and bespoke pieces cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged. If there is any issue with the quality of the piece, please send along an e-mail immediately. Repairs such as stone tightening, checking prongs, polishing, sizings, small diamond melee — such as a halo or diamond dewdrops — replacement is covered within The North Way Studio warranty.
If you have any questions on modifying any setting or creation from The North Way Studio, please do not hesitate to reach out through email to email@example.com.